CD Genomics provides accurate HLA Sequencing service using next-generation sequencing (NGS) or Sanger sequencing technology.
The human leukocyte antigen (HLA) system is the locus of genes that encode for proteins on the surface of cells that are responsible for regulation of the immune system in humans. The genes encoding these antigens are the most varied in humans and it is well established that an individual's HLA profile determines their capacity to mount a protective immune response to a foreign protein. There are many thousands of different HLA types and thus the capacity to mount an immune response can be dramatically different between individuals within a cohort selected from a single population. The HLA region can provide critical insight into various diseases and situations .
CD Genomics provides high- and low- throughput HLA sequencing services. Using state-of-the-art reagents, software, and facilities, we provide a full suite of HLA sequencing service with the highest level of quality assurance .
Our HLA sequencing service using the next-generation sequencing and Sanger sequencing technology provides tests that are more robust, accurate and reliable in resolving allele-level differences in HLA genes.
Next-generation sequencing (NGS) overcomes the challenges by generating unambiguous, phase-resolved HLA sequencing results in a single assay. With regard to unbalanced amplification, the NGS approach is considerably more sensitive in detecting suppressed alleles than Sanger sequencing which requires at least 5% to 20% of the weaker allele for detection.
• Comprehensive Assay: One assay provides high-resolution sequencing, replacing multiple assays
• Unambiguous Results: Deeper sequencing with long inserts and paired-end reads enables phasing of all exons and introns for more accurate, high-resolution HLA typing
• Sample-to-Report Solution: Complete workflow includes sample preparation, sequencing, data analysis, and reporting
• Investigation of variations associated with HLA-immune diseases research
• Vaccine development and application
The service is offered for RUO / non-diagnostic purposes only.